Friday, May 25, 2007

Holy flaming relays, Batman!



Eolith El Dorado up in smoke!

So, as I'm perusing the game floor this morning, I notice that distinct electronic burning smell. Wonderful. I quickly find that our Eldorado is literally pouring smoke out of it. I quickly unplugged it and took it off the game floor.

During inspection- Found that the motor on the coin hopper had gone bad, jammed up. rather than blow the small 3a fuse that's supposed to protect this kind of problem, the 12v circuit on the SSR board is almost completely destroyed. The solid state relay is now a melting glob of plastic.


Oh and did I mention the fuse did not blow? weirrrrrdddd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
I have an el dorado game I am having trouble with. Do you know any US support for this game. I can only find a korean website. My e-mail is dnewman.sac@gmail.com. by the way the blog is great.