Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cascade of small repairs..

I started out this morning, just by wanting to change out the gun hose for "Lost World" This becomes quite an ordeal, since the wiring harness is too large to go through the housing- I've always had this problem, and have solved it by cutting and the resoldering wires- this unfortunately shortens the life of the harness. This time I decided to cut a slot into the housing to allow the house to be attached without deconstructing it. Now the lost world is FINALLY tracking again, with both guns- PHEW!

Afterwards, I remembered I had gotten the 30$ potentiometer from happ controls in for the Midway's "Off Road Thunder" This pot for some reason is alot more expensive than others, the only difference I can see is the connection. Anywho, I switched out the pot and it's working just fine now.

About this time I noticed the "Big Buck Hunter 2" was rebooting non stop- I checked the 5+vdc on the power supply, and sure enough it was low- cranked it up to 5.2 and it's steady now. Of course, it's then O noticed that there were a bunch of credits on the game, sure enough, the start button was broken. After a few minutes, and a search for the right switch that problem was fixed.

No comments: