Friday, June 29, 2007

Time Crisis III I/O errors


Namco has a really profitable franchise with their Time Crisis titles. We have the Time Crisis III version. It's been a real good bread winner for us- A few years ago it started having problems in the I/O system- Guns wouldn't shoot, switches wouldn't work, etc. This would even effect the test and service switches. Well, I fought, and fought, and finally figured out the problem was due to a short in the gun harnesses. We started using Happ controls replacements over OEM, based entirely on price. ($150ea as compared to $600ea) The only problem is the Happ ones are more prone to failure, as the pin to stop the guns from twisting is easily broken off. This in turn causes the wires inside the hose to wrap around each other and eventually short out.
This is a somewhat frequent problem, and since I just replaced another one, I thought I'd mention it here-

No comments: