Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Step 1- READ THE MANUAL

Sega Top Skater- The game went down and I've been dreading taking it apart to fix it. The 'slide' volume went out, and I assumed it was where the curve volume is, down in the deep dark depths of the skate board assembly, where peoples shoes, feet, and everything they've stepped into collects. It's disgusting. Well, I just spent the last hour tearing into the board assy- getting dirtier and dirtier, elbow deep in grunge and crud.
I can not find the slide volume! It's nowhere to be found! So finally, I decided to consult the manual, which Sega has conveniently posted on their website for all us techs. (Along with all other manuals) http://www.sauservice.com/

Well guess what, the slide volume is conveniently located behind a service door, easily accessed by removing several screws. Serves me right, now step one will always be- READ THE MANUAL

No comments: